The National Commissioner made this known on Wednesday in Ilorin while speaking with journalists after he inspected the registration in three local government areas of the state.
The national commissioner visited INEC offices in Share, Ifelodun local government, Bode Saadu, Moro, Ipata Oloje, Ilorin West and Pake in Ilorin East.
“I have gone round the registration centres and my impression of the exercise is quite commendable.
“I am satisfied with the way things are going with the registration process, the turnout is fairly good. Even in some cases, the turnout is so high that Registration officers have to give them numbers,” Haruna added.
The Commissioner said he has listened to the complaints and challenges Electoral Officers faced in the local governments, adding that such issues will be table before the chairman.
“Each time, problem will come up, when they come up, we have to address the problem centrally, otherwise, we will be addressing issues on one on one basis and that is not good enough.
“It was as a result of harvesting the problems we have before, we have to allocate to additional polling units to each of the states. Kwara got six out of that and the management here in their wisdom used certain criteria to allocate.
“So the new problem that have arisen now, we will also harvest and treat through the same process so that at the end of the day, we will be able to apply the logistics and universal solution to the problem instead of doing it individually,” he added.
Electoral Officer in Share, Dr Gyuse Thomas told the Commissioner of the challenges he was facing to include fuel to power the generator on daily basis, dilapidated building and furniture and erosion incursion to the office.
He also appealed to the National Commissioner to approve additional registration centres for the local government because of its large size.
Thomas said the office has been cut off from the national grid because of over N240, 000 electricity bill owed Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC).
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank