Over N300million was on Tuesday raised at the event marking the 50th birthday of the Speaker of Federal House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara.
The amount is to be donated to charity, particularly internally displaced persons.
The President of Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote, led the donors with N100m.
Other major donors were by Capt. Idahosa Okunbo, N50m; and Chief Emeka Offor, N20m.
The governors of Bauchi, Sokoto, Zamfara, Kebbi, Edo and Borno states donated N10m each.
President Muhammadu Buhari, who was represented at the event by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr. Boss Mustapha, praised the Speaker for his role in dousing executive-legislature tensions.
In his response, Dogara assured the donors that the money realised at the event would be spent to improve the well-being of the IDPs and to fund charity.
- Samuel Eto’o attacks man outside stadium in Qatar
- NBA President shuns call to bar ceremony presided over by Olanipekun
- Media Watch Group Carpets Security Agencies Over ‘State Of The Nation’
- FG developed Lagos, not Tinubu– Atiku
- Chatham House: Atiku group berates Tinubu’s conduct
- Chatham House: Tinubu clarifies his age, paternity
- Why Gov Abdulrazaq will secure second term– Commissioner
- SAD…. Ilorin-born varsity don, Sulyman Gurumoh is dead
- BREAKING…Dogara dumps APC for PDP
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance