The President of Dangote Group, Dr Aliku Dangote, has revealed that the company had made Nigeria net exporter of cement within the African continent.
Dangote said this in an address he delivered at the Dangote Group Day at the ongoing 29th Enugu International Trade Fair, holding at Enugu.
Dangote, who was represented by the Deputy Regional Director, South-East, Dangote Cement, Mr Soyinka Sonuga, said that apart from its massive export drive, it had established cement plants in some African countries example; Senegal, Congo, Tanzania etc.
He noted that the company had employed several hundreds of thousands of Nigerians within and outside the country as well as having a chain of 25,000 distributors nationwide for its cement alone.
“Today, out of every 10 cement in Africa, Dangote is seven of them and we are not yet done since we want to be the overall brand known by every individual, family, household, company and government in the continent.
“On the distribution, we have adopted a Depot-led Model of Distribution, which means that you can call our depot scattered throughout the country and beyond and before 24 hours you get your orders deliver anywhere in the country,’’ he said.
The Dangote boss noted that the group was expanding its cement and other products factories in the country; adding that we tend to build more plants for cements to support the existing ones as well as other plants for other Dangote product brands.
“We are assuring Nigerians that our products will continue to be of the highest quality within the right measure and price.
“The company will continue to add value to the lives of Nigerians and by extension Africans as we march forward,’’ he said.
Earlier, the President of Enugu Chamber of Commerce, Chief Emeka Udeze, commended Dongote group for always partnering with the chamber to up-lift commerce in the country.
Udeze noted that he was optimistic that when the Dangote group’s Petroluem Plant in Lagos come on stream, it would help solve the energy challenge of the country.
“Dangote is a Nigerian brand, doing the country proud with its top quality products and solving the employment problem in the country,’’ he said.
- Bernard Arnault overtakes Elon Musk, emerges world’s richest
- Fuel Scarcity: Give us petrol at official ex-depot price, lPMAN tasks NNPC
- We have no hands in appointment of VCs– NUC
- World Cup quarter-finals: Morocco vs. Portugal on Saturday
- Adamawa establishes 5 sexual referral centres – Official
- Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelenskyy named Time’s 2022 Person of the Year
- Gov. Sule approves N1.5bn for upgrading Nasarawa Broadcasting Service– Commissioner
- Why we are detaining D’Banj – ICPC
- Adeleke denies withdrawing N5bn from Osun accounts
- DMO issues 2 FGN savings bonds at N1,000 per unit