Nigeria’s Transport Minister, Hon. Rotimi Amaechi, has said that the University of Transport Technology, Daura, Katsina State, would commence activities by September 2022.
Amaechi gave the affirmation at the site of the University in Daura after taking a tour of the project which is being handled by China Civil Engineering Construction (CCECC), on Monday.
According to him, “It appears they have finished all their structures. They said they still have seven buildings and those seven buildings should be ready by September.
“I have asked the perm sec to invite them for a meeting so that this school can start functioning from September.”
The Minister who had earlier visited the Dala Inland Dry Port in Kano to ascertain the readiness of the project for the commencement of commercial activities noted that only finishing touches is left and would be commissioned by President Muhammadu Buhari.
“If you say I am not impressed that would be a wrong word. They promised they would have completed by today. Have they completed the structures yes, but they have not completed the landscape, but until they do the land scaping, once the land scaping is done, we can bring the president here to commission. It appears they have finished all their structures,” Amaechi affirmed.
- ICPC arrest: D’banj reacts to alleged Npower fraud
- UK govt finally declared candidate to support in 2023 polls
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people
- Kwara Govt approves scholarship for Law students
- Bernard Arnault overtakes Elon Musk, emerges world’s richest
- Fuel Scarcity: Give us petrol at official ex-depot price, lPMAN tasks NNPC
- We have no hands in appointment of VCs– NUC
- World Cup quarter-finals: Morocco vs. Portugal on Saturday
- Adamawa establishes 5 sexual referral centres – Official
- Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelenskyy named Time’s 2022 Person of the Year