Investigation has commenced on the disappearance of a day-old-baby at Yusuf Dantsoho General Hospital, Kaduna.
The state Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Development, Hajiya Hafsat Baba on Wednesday told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kaduna that her ministry, together with that of Health are working to unravel the circumstances that led to the disappearance of the baby.
The baby, whose parents were deaf and dumb, was allegedly stolen by a woman hours after delivery on Jan. 10.
“We are working to ensure that the baby is traced and returned to her mother.
“We are appealing to the ministry of health to thoroughly investigate all personnel on duty at the time.
The commissioner, pointing that similar issue had occurred at the Yusuf Dantsoho General Hospital urged that the Nigeria Civil Defence Corps be involved in the investigation.
- NBA President shuns call to bar ceremony presided over by Olanipekun
- Media Watch Group Carpets Security Agencies Over ‘State Of The Nation’
- FG developed Lagos, not Tinubu– Atiku
- Chatham House: Atiku group berates Tinubu’s conduct
- Chatham House: Tinubu clarifies his age, paternity
- Why Gov Abdulrazaq will secure second term– Commissioner
- SAD…. Ilorin-born varsity don, Sulyman Gurumoh is dead
- BREAKING…Dogara dumps APC for PDP
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr