Governor Abdulaziz Yari of Zamfara State on Thursday expressed support for the call on President Muhammadu Buhari to declare a state of emergency in the state.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Yari, addressing newsmen at a press briefing in Gusau, said, “I am also in support of the declaration of state of emergency if it will save the lives of people of the state.”
He warned politicians against politicising the disturbing security situation in the state.
“We are talking about the lives of our people and this needs the coming together of all, so that the crisis can end.
“If the provisions of my office had allowed me to carry arms against the bandits, l would have done so.
“But, if I am not around, there are capable hands that collaborate with the security team in the fight against the bandits.
“The security men are doing their best. But, it is sad to know that some of the people involved in the kidnappings are close relatives or associates of the victims, which is part of the reasons the problem is persisting.
“We must all come together and expose anyone or group that is part of these hoodlums, and we should also pray for Allah’s intervention,” Yari said.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that bandits had continued to elude security measures put in place by both the State and Federal governments.
- SAD…. Mimiko looses 88yr-old mother
- (SEE FULL DETAILS) Kwara commissioners and their portfolios
- BREAKING… Party loyalists storm Ilorin as Gov. Abdulrazaq swears-in 16 commissioners, 4 SAs, others
- 100 Ekiti women benefit from NITDA ICT training
- UNILORIN don reveals how theatre art can contribute to national devt.
- Man grusomely murdered in Ilorin by unknown assailants (PHOTOS)
- Sowore: Senate probes alleged court invasion by DSS operatives
- 2020: Senate considers N232.8bn budget for FCT
- Senate moves to end discrimination against women Police
- 24yr-old acclaimed husband arraigned in court over alleged marriage without consent