The Director General of Yaman Campaign Organisation. Hon Olabode Towoju has warned leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC), not to tamper with the results of the Saturday’s governorship primaries in Kwara.
Towoju said this on Sunday while addressing the press at the collation center of the governorship primaries in Ilorin insisted that from available figures, Shuaib-Abdullahi Yaman was coasting to victory.
The DG alleged that the results of the election has been manipulated in favour of a particular governorship aspirant.
News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), reports that supporters of both of and Alhaji Abdulraman Abdulrazaq protested at the venue of the collation center shouting solidarity songs in support of the aspirants.
The supporters of the two aspirants insisted that their candidates won the primary and should be declared.
Towoju was of the view that any attempt to manipulate the result to edge Yaman out would be resisted.
“All we are saying is that they should announce the results as received from the voting centers without any manipulation.
“Members of APC in Kwara have spoken with one voice and have elected the candidate of their choice, so the mandate should be respected,” hesaid.
Another chieftain of the party, Alhaji Umar Aiyelabegan said any attempt to tamper with the result would be resisted by all legal means.
Aiyelabegan declared that whoever has any hand in the manipulation of the results would meet the wrath of God.
“I have warned the Assistant Commissioner of Police inside the collation hall not to allow any manipulation,” Aiyelabegan added.
According to him, for APC to win in the 2019 general election, actual results of the primary election should be announced.
He frowned at the mode of collation of the result which he said should have been held in the public.
- Naira redesign: Emefiele urges NASS, Nigerians to show understanding
- Fuel scarcity may affect election logistics — INEC
- SAD…. PDP campaign rally turns mourning in Sokoto as Tambuwal’s aide, Aisha Maina dies
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari
- UPDATED: Jigawa Govt annouces funeral as Emir of Dutse dies at 78
- Buhari inaugurates 5,700-hectare Irrigation Scheme, pledges more relief for flood victims
- 2023 polls will be the best, Senate President assures EU observers, Kenya’s Raila Odinga
- Ondo PoS operators increase charges over scarce new Naira notes
- Nigeria’s public debt stock increases to N44.06trn in Q3 2022 – NBS
- CBN directs banks to pay customers with ₦100, ₦50, ₦20, over-the-counter