Nigeria’s Defence Minister, Maj. Gen. Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) has witnessed the symbolic taking-over of NNS KADA to the Nigerian Navy during his four-day official trip to Sharjah, United Arab Emirate, (UAE).
ROYAL NEWS reports that the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Zubairu Gambo and his team drawn from the Headquarters of the Nigerian Navy was also at the event.
The Special Assistant to the Minister on Media and Publicity, Mohammad Abdulkadri, stated this in a statement issued on Saturday.
The highly regimented change of flag which was held at the construction Shipyard of the UAE fulfilled all righteousness of the colourful Naval’s mastery of professional excellence and traditions.
The historic ceremony which deepened transnational co-operation and bilateral Military relations between the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the United Arab Emirate significantly featured exchanges, signing and counter endorsements of all necessary documents by the representatives of the Navies of both countries.
NNS KADA which is the newest addition to the fleets of the Warships platforms of the Nigerian Navy has enduring capabilities to stay longer at Sea while carrying out aggressive combat Patrol, policing and diplomatic duties and it is an LST – 100.
The Ship which has full compliments of the Ship companies under the captainship of Reginald Adoki has commenced homeward sailings which is expected to last for about sixty days.
She is also billed to stop over in about five Ports to conduct ceremonial show of flag.
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG