The Minister of Defence, Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) has joined the Muslim Ummah to usher in the holy month of Ramadan and enjoined total dedication of the period of fasting to praying for peace and stability of the nation.
Magashi stated this in a statement, issued by his Media Aide, Mohammad Abdulkadri, to felicitate with the Muslims for witnessing this year’s holy month of Ramadan.
He expressed optimism in the efficacy and potency of fasting and prayer in complementing the sacrifices and the selfless services of the Nation’s Armed Forces to end all forms of threats to the Sovereignty and territorial integrity of our dear country.
The Defence Minister therefore appealed to the muslims to take advantage of the month of spirituality to pray for President Muhammadu Buhari and the country in general for peace to return to the darkspots where criminal elements are challenging the survival of the nation.
While calling for total compliance with the dos and donts guiding the observance of fasting as stated in the holy Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad he besieged Almighty Allah for the repose of the soles of those who died in the Abuja – Kaduna train attack and prayed to God to grant their families the fortitude to bear the pains of the loss of their loved ones and to grant the injured speedy recoveries.
He wished Muslims Ramadan Mubarak, peace and prosperity as well as prayers answered in the night of Lailatul Quadri which is said to be equaled to a thousand night of blessings.
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated