The Minister of Defence Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) is opening up new areas of mutual military bilateral cooperation between Nigeria and Japan to get the country’s buy-in to mitigate the current insecurity facing the country.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Nigeria- Japan diplomatic ties dates back to 1960 and above 60 years which Japanese Ambassador described as circle of life and post 60 years of bilateral cooperations between the two countries is regarded as a new phase of reborn.
This was at the Ministry of Defence Headquarters Abuja during a courtesy call by the Japanese Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to Nigeria Mr Matsunaga Kazuyoshi, as released by the Minister’s Spokesman, Mohammad Abdulkadri.
According to the minister, “Nigeria will provide all necessary requirements to fastback the emergence of a Win -win mutually beneficial Memorandum of Understanding, MoU that will be a Force Multiplier to end insecurity in Nigeria.
“Both countries should tap into new diplomatic openings to rejig the existing cooperation especially in the areas of technological innovations and transfer.”
Magashi however thanked the envoy for the visit and called on him to initiate the template for the proposed MoU that will meet national aspirations to end insecurity in the Country.
Meanwhile, the Japanese Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to Nigeria, Mr Matsunaga Kazuyoshi who was escorted on the courtesy call by the Defence Attache to Nigeria Uchiumi Kazuaki, told the Minister that Japan has developed a better approach for peace and stability in Africa and Nigeria is the Focal Point of interest for the implementation plans.
Kazuyoshi said the proposed MoU will strengthen continous security information exchange , training and more reconstruction assistance in the Northeast that will surpass the 14 Million dollars last year.
- NatureNews Targets 5bn Trees Plantation by 2030, Unveils ‘NaijaGreenProject’ Initiative
- NLC suspends nationwide protest
- Names of Tinubu’s aides following him to Qatar revealed (See List)
- Group petitions Tinubu, others over N20bn LGs fraud in Benue
- Banks to face N1trn recapitalization as Senate plans six years term for CBN Gov.
- BREAKING….Senate begins probe of Ajaokuta Steel Coy, NIOMCO over $496m payment
- (VIDEO) Vigilantes rescue abducted victims, kill one kidnapper, apprehend others in Kwara
- IOC’s Divestment: We Facilitate, Not Hinder Process — NNPCL
- Introduce Food Stamps prog to tackle hunger, Senate urges FG
- Senate confirms Bakari as NFIU director