Nigeria’s Defence Minister, Maj. Gen. Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) has felicitated with Muslim Ummah on the occasion of the Eid’il Fitri celebration marking the successful completion of the Ramadan fasting.
Magashi noted that the spiritual rejuvenation laced with vigorous and rigorous fasting and prayer by all the devoted Muslims in the last one month should not end with the end of Ramadan but rather it should be allowed to endure in the day- to- day lives of the Muslims, according to a statement issued by the Minister’s spokesman, Mohammed Abdulkadri, on Sunday.
He felicitated with the Muslims and stressed the need to sustain the virtues of giving, sharing, sacrifices, supplications and showing of compassion not only to fellow Muslims but also to non- Muslim neighbours as they did during the Holy month.
While assuring Nigerians of the commitment of the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari to peace and security in the country, he thanked the civil populace for supporting the Military at all times.
The Defence Minister therefore appealed to Nigerians irrespective of religeous differences to be security conscious during and after the Eid’il Fitri celebration.
He urged them to continue to provide credible intelligence in aid of the on-going Military Campaigns in parts of the Country.
While calling on Muslims to celebrate modestly with piety and the fear of Almighty Allah, he said they should pray for the divine guidance and wisdom for the leadership of the Country at all levels.
The Minister also prayed to Almighty God to accept as act of Ibadah the just concluded fasting by Muslim Ummah and to spare the lives of the believers to witness many more celebrations ahead.
He went further to besiege God to intervene in the National aspirations to end all security challenges threatening the corporate existence of the country.
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated