The Minister of Defence Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) has directed Defence Advisers/Attaches to continue to deploy appropriate diplomatic initiatives in support of National security imperatives.
General Magashi gave the charge as special guest at the 2021 Annual Defence Advisers/ Attaches Conference held at the Defence Intelligence Agency Headquarters, Abuja .
While declaring the conference open he said the conference is a vital platform for strategic evaluation and formulation of policies for national defence.
While lauding the giant strides recorded by the defence diplomats in building a framework for peaceful and prosperous nation through rigorous and vigorous defence networking with other countries of their accreditations, he tasked them to sustain the trajectory.
The Defence Minister therefore challenged various security agencies to synergise efforts to explore all avenues to come up with innovative ways to identify and confront threats endangering national territorial integrity.
He expressed satisfaction with the coverage areas of over ninety countries and four International Organisations in the line of the Areas of Responsibilities, AoR of the Defence Advisers/ Attaches.
A trajectory he said that has shaped and changed Defence Attache system from mere Liason roles with friendly nations to being the progenitors of contemporary Defence diplomacy.
Mohammad Abdulkadri Special Assistant to the Minister of Defence on Media and Publicity.
9th November, 2021
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC
- Unilorin ASUU protest alleged casualisation of intellectual workers
- Tinubu will run an all-inclusive government, says PCC
- London museum returns looted Benin bronzes to Nigeria
- Fire guts 150 shops in Kachako Market in Kano State
- 2023 Election: INEC won’t allow PVC collection by proxy
- Gov. Zulum appoints 7 Permanent Secretaries