The Minister of Defence Maj. Gen. Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) is advocating a new media road map to support Military Campaigns to end insecurity across the country.
Magashi stated this during a courtesy call by the Leadership of the Kano State Youth Social Media Team at the Ministry of Defence Headquarters Abuja.
He stressed the strategic importance of the role of the Media in National defence communications and urged them to be patriotic in reporting security matters.
He added that as major stakeholders in building a peacefully virile nation they should also shun unverified stories and sensationalism capable of undermining National security.
While explaining the need for the youth to equip themselves educationally, he promised to give scholarship to the Chairman of the team to further his education at any university of his choice.
The Chairman Kano State Youth Social Media Team, Comrade Sagir Ibrahim Gadanya who bagged Scholarship to further his education thanked the Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari for providing the right leadership to end insecurity in parts of the Country.
He assured the Defence Minister that their Media Platform will continue to maintain the right dispositions towards projecting the Military Campaigns to end banditry, kidnapping and terrorism in the country.
While appreciating the Minister for the audience granted to the Five – man delegation, he thanked him for rendering selfless service to the nation in general and Kano State in particular .
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council