The Minister of Defence Maj. Gen. Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) is advocating a new media road map to support Military Campaigns to end insecurity across the country.
Magashi stated this during a courtesy call by the Leadership of the Kano State Youth Social Media Team at the Ministry of Defence Headquarters Abuja.
He stressed the strategic importance of the role of the Media in National defence communications and urged them to be patriotic in reporting security matters.
He added that as major stakeholders in building a peacefully virile nation they should also shun unverified stories and sensationalism capable of undermining National security.
While explaining the need for the youth to equip themselves educationally, he promised to give scholarship to the Chairman of the team to further his education at any university of his choice.
The Chairman Kano State Youth Social Media Team, Comrade Sagir Ibrahim Gadanya who bagged Scholarship to further his education thanked the Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari for providing the right leadership to end insecurity in parts of the Country.
He assured the Defence Minister that their Media Platform will continue to maintain the right dispositions towards projecting the Military Campaigns to end banditry, kidnapping and terrorism in the country.
While appreciating the Minister for the audience granted to the Five – man delegation, he thanked him for rendering selfless service to the nation in general and Kano State in particular .
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes