Desmond Elliot wins Surulere Constituency I
Nollywood actor cum politician, Desmond Elliot has won the Surulere constituency 1 assembly seat in Lagos.
The governorship and assembly elections was conducted nationwide on Saturday by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
While the election is now at sorting and collation stages, however, some polling units that experience technological glitches were rescheduled till Sunday (today).
The Surulere constituency I seat was one of those keenly contested. The leading candidates are those of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and that of the Labour Party (LP).
After final collation of results, Elliot came tops with 17,877 votes while candidate of the Labour Party came second with 7,822 votes.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- World Athletics bans transgender women from women’s competition
- I will run Peter Obi’s model of governance in Abia State – Alex Otti
- No clandestine meeting between Oriwoola, Tinubu– Onanuga
- I won election before without Peter Obi – Alex Otti
- IESA welcomes Alfanla’s emergence as UNILORIN’s Registrar-designate
- My suspension by Ayu last kick of a dead horse — Fayose
- 10th NASS: Experience, competence should be criteria for leadership positions —-Bamidele
- Nigeria Air to Take-off Before End of Buhari’s Administration—-Sirika
- NSIB Sets To Release Report Soon–– DG
- Ekweremadu, wife, doctor found guilty of organ trafficking