The mother of the late Lawrenta Uloko, a final-year student of Auchi Polytechnic in Etsako West Local Government Area of Edo State, who was killed by a stray bullet, has said she was still in shock over the death of her daughter.
Mrs. Eunice Uloko told journalists that, though, her late daughter had been buried at her hometown in Fugar, the pain from the loss would be difficult to forget as she (Lawrenta) was a promising child.
The deceased, a Higher National Diploma student of the Department of Banking and Finance was on November 3 was killed by a stray bullet from the gun held by a member of a vigilance group.
Lawrenta was said to have joined other graduating students at a party to celebrate the completion of their final examinations while some local vigilantes were invited to provide security during the celebration.
It was learnt that the gun held by one of the vigilantes had failed to release any bullet when he shot into the air during the party.
Tragedy, however, struck when the gun discharged and hit the victim as he lowered it in an attempt to find out what had gone wrong.
The vigilante member was said to have been taken into custody by the police while investigation was ongoing.
Mrs. Uloko explained, “It was a sad news to me because I know what she would have become in future. She called me and was so happy that she had graduated.
She told me not to worry and that when she comes home, we would celebrate with the family.
“I wanted to go but I asked my last child to go and support her and she left.
After we had discussed, the next I heard was my other daughter at home calling me that I should call Lawrenta and when I called, they told me she was shot dead.”
The grieving mother described her late daughter as a kind-hearted child who always wanted her to be happy.
“I will miss her care for me because whenever she was going back to school after the holiday, she would give me one of her T-shirts.
Now that she is gone, she will no longer drop her shirt, ear ring or slippers for me.
“Every December, she bought hair attachments for me so that I would look nice during the (Christmas) celebration.
It is painful to lose her and I do not know how I will cope. I live everything to God because only Him will console me.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections