Eminent Nigerians gathered in Ilorin, Kwara state yesterday to take part in a special prayer organised in memory of the late Second Republic Senate leader, Dr. Olusola Saraki.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that Saraki passed on five years ago, precisely on November 14, 2012.
The pack of the dignitaries that attended the 5th year remembrance prayer for Olusola Saraki include his heir, the Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki,his wife, Toyin, the Kwara state governor, Alh Abdulfattah Ahmed and his wife, Omolewa, Senators Garba Baba Kaka and Senator Philip Aduda.
Others are the Speaker, Kwara State House of Assembly, Dr Ali Ahmad a members of the legislative and executive councils as well as stalwarts and members of the All Progressives Congress.
In his brief sermon, a renowned Islamic scholar, Sheikh Sulaiman Dan Borno urged Nigerian politicians to use their positions to impact positively on the lives of the masses.
He emphasised the need for politicians in the state to sustain the philanthropist gestures of the late Saraki to enable the masses feel their impacts.
Sheikh Dan Borno also described the late politician as lover of masses who used his life to uplift and empower the his people.
Earlier, the Chief Imam of Ilorin, Sheikh Muhammad Bashir had led other Islamic scholars in praying for the repose of the soul of Dr Olusola Saraki.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Zamfara Gov, Bello Matawalle urges traditional rulers to tackle insecurity
- 2023: Kogi delegates shock Ameachi after requesting Yahaya Bello to stepdown ambition
- KWACCIMA collaborates with EFCC for corrupt-free business environment
- NCoS Controller advises officers to show good character, be dedicated
- Education, short road to peace, freedom—NIREC
- Cultist suspect who killed to gain promotion, women, others remanded in prison
- Don’t hold rallies in Abia, IPOB warns APC aspirant
- FG committed to protecting Nigerians from harmful use of data- Pantami
- Lagos Govt. says June 1 deadline won’t stop enforcement on Okada ban
- NAF free medical outreach excites Kaduna residents