Eminent Nigerians gathered in Ilorin, Kwara state yesterday to take part in a special prayer organised in memory of the late Second Republic Senate leader, Dr. Olusola Saraki.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that Saraki passed on five years ago, precisely on November 14, 2012.
The pack of the dignitaries that attended the 5th year remembrance prayer for Olusola Saraki include his heir, the Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki,his wife, Toyin, the Kwara state governor, Alh Abdulfattah Ahmed and his wife, Omolewa, Senators Garba Baba Kaka and Senator Philip Aduda.
Others are the Speaker, Kwara State House of Assembly, Dr Ali Ahmad a members of the legislative and executive councils as well as stalwarts and members of the All Progressives Congress.
In his brief sermon, a renowned Islamic scholar, Sheikh Sulaiman Dan Borno urged Nigerian politicians to use their positions to impact positively on the lives of the masses.
He emphasised the need for politicians in the state to sustain the philanthropist gestures of the late Saraki to enable the masses feel their impacts.
Sheikh Dan Borno also described the late politician as lover of masses who used his life to uplift and empower the his people.
Earlier, the Chief Imam of Ilorin, Sheikh Muhammad Bashir had led other Islamic scholars in praying for the repose of the soul of Dr Olusola Saraki.
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules