Dino Melaye Wins Kogi PDP Governorship Primary
A former Senator who represented Kogi West in National Assembly, Dino Melaye has won the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) ticket for the Kogi State Governorship Election scheduled for November 11, 2023.
Dino polled 313 votes to defeat his closest rival, Jabiru Usman who polled 127 votes.
The chairman, PDP primary Election Committee, Ahmed Makarfi announced the results on Sunday at end of the indirect primary held in Lokoja, the Kogi State capital.
A former Deputy Governor, Yomi Awoniyi scored 77 votes and the PDP governorship candidate in 2019, Musa Wada had a total of 56 votes.
Dino will contest the November 11, 2023 poll alongside a former Auditor General of Local Government in Kogi State, Usman Ododo who is the candidate of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in the state. The incumbent governor, Yahaya Bello had days ago endorsed Ododo.
Melaye recently fired back at Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State who laughed off his aspiration to succeed Governor Yahaya Bello.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate amends ICPC Act, slams 2yr imprisonment on false petitioners
- FG roads: NASS approves Buhari’s request of N16.7bn refund to Borno
- Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer To Tinubu: Don’t inherit Buhari’s hostility
- Adegoke’s Murder: Court sentences Adedoyin to death
- Gov Otti reveals plan to recruit 5,000 teachers in Abia
- 10th NASS: Igbo Senate Presidency still alive, says Kalu
- Court sentences Rahmon Adedoyin, 3 others to death
- DSS’ Siege on Our Lagos Office Shocking – EFCC
- Fuel scarcity: KWSG to revoke CoO of erring filling stations
- Gov Abba Yusuf issues executive order to probe Ganduje