Actress Kemi Afolabi said doctors gave her about 5 years to live and she has lived one year out of that already.
The actress was diagnosed with Lupus and said she has spent so much money already to manage it as it can’t be cured.
Speaking to Chude Jideonwo, Kemi tearfully revealed that her doctor has told her to prepare for the worst.
She quoted her doctor as saying, “Make sure you are with your loved ones. At least, you still have up to five years.”
Talking about the sickness, she said, “I have lupus. It’s not curable. You just have to take medications for the rest of your life.”
She explained that she paid N1.2m on treatment yet it did not work.
She disclosed that she is continually in pain.
Lupus is an autoimmune disease that occurs when your body’s immune system attacks your own tissues and organs. It has no cure but can only be managed.
American singer, Selena Gomez has been open about her battle with lupus and had to undergo kidney transplant surgery years back following complications from lupus
Watch Kemi Afolabi speak in the video below…
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92