A medical doctor, Hassan Yakubu in an hospital in Adamawa state has been arrested following reports that he was among those who removed the kidney of a 24 year old patient in the hospital.
The patient, Isa Hamma is said to be in a life threatening condition as he have been constantly having Lapses since the removal of his kidney.
On the cause of investigation, it was discovered that the doctor, Yakubu Hassan is an uncle to the victim.
Relating what transpired, a relative to the victim, Hamman Seyo recounted what he knows about the pathetic situation of the victim.
He said: “the victim’s uncle, Yakubu, who treated Isa, at his Jimeta Clinic, for stomach complications, ended up operating the victim on July 8 but allegedly removed his kidney in the process. Three days after the operation, Isa could not urinate.
The complications further degenerated with the face and legs of the victim becoming swollen which prompted the family to return to the doctor who later referred them to the Federal Medical Centre in Gombe. it was at the Gombe hospital that medical officials working with the Federal Medical Center told them that Isa’s kidney had been removed.
Facebook Comments Box
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants
- Ilorin experiences first rainfall in 2023
- Leeds records 3-1 victory against Accrington Stanley firstly in 7yrs
- Naira notes hardship: Don’t come to Kano yet, Ganduje tells Buhari
- CBN’s Jan. 31 deadline on naira notes unrealistic— Atiku
- CBN deadline: Buhari speaks on reasons for currencies changes
- INEC extends PVCs collection to Feb. 5
- INEC extends PVCs collection deadline