Barrister Gashion Daniel Danna has vowed to contest for Dass , Tafawa Balewa and Bogoro Federal Constituency seat in 2019 on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) against the Speaker, House of Representatives,Yakubu Dogara.
Danna disclosed this at the state PDP Secretariat in Bauchi, shortly after submitting his intent form.
The legal practitioner who hails from Tafawa Balewa said that he wanted to challenge the Speaker who according to him had been occupying the seat for three consecutive terms.
Dogara, who is also a Lawyer hails from Bogoro local government area.
He was elected to the House of Representatives on the platform of the PDP before his defection to the All Progressives Congress (APC).
He said that if justice would be done, Tafawa Balewa local government should be allowed to produce the member, House of Representatives in the next election.
The 37 year old lawyer argued that apart from the issue of justice and fairness to Dass and Tafawa, a youth should be given the chance to hold the position in 2019.
“I took this bold decision for the massive support I get from my constituency. For the past two years I have visited all wards and nooks and crannies in my constituency to meet with my people, and I am in the race because of the numerous calls from my people asking me to contest for the seat due to my competence, zeal and ability to deliver by representing the constituents very well.” he said.
According to him, he is optimistic that he would win the seat due to his popularity and that of the PDP in the area.
He promise to build and consolidate on the gains made by the previous representatives in bringing the dividends of democracy to the people.
While speaking, the State PDP Chairman Alhaji Hamza Akuyam who was represented by his deputy, Alhaji Haruna Musa Shitu promised to be fair and just to all aspirants.
He advised members of the party against defecting to other political parties when they lose primaries.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92