Dogara takes over today as new NYSC DG
A top ranking personality, Brig. Gen. Dogara Ahmed, has been appointed as the new Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
ROYAL NEWS reports that Dogara will officially take over the scheme on Monday (today), January 30, 2023, from Christy Uba, who has piloted the affairs of the NYSC in acting capacity for about three months.
Uba, who’s the most senior director in the scheme, was appointed by the Presidency following the unceremonious removal of the former DG, Brig. Gen. Mohammed Fadah, over alleged incompetence and poor performance in 2022.
On November 22, 2022, the NYSC announced the elevation of its Director, Information and Communications Technology, Christy Uba, as the acting Director-General.
The NYSC director of Press and Public Relations, Eddy Megwa, had said the appointment followed the sacking of Brigadier Fadah as DG by the President Buhari.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- CBN releases cash, orders banks to operate on weekends
- Supreme Court opens up on CJN trip, meeting Tinubu
- Buhari never said he wouldn’t hand over to Tinubu– Presidency
- Okowa congratulates Adeleke on Appeal Court victory
- Ekweremadu, wife to be sentenced on May 5
- CBN confirms evacuation of banknotes, directs banks to open for weekend operations
- CBN begins monitoring of old notes circulation:
- Ademola Adeleke is the duly elected governor of Osun— Appeal Court
- BREAKING…Appeal court reinstates Adeleke as Osun governor
- Kwara Gov sympathises with residents over rainstorm, flooding incidents