Some House of Assembly candidates on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kwara State on Wednesday condemned the alledged plan to replace the name otf Kayode Alabi as the deputy governorship candidate in 2019.
They maintained that,”If Kayode Alabi is removed as the party’s deputy gubernatorial candidate, it will in no small way undermine the chances of the party’s victory in Kwara South Senatorial district in particular and the state as a whole.”
ROYAL NEWS reports that the candidates, include; Adetiba Olarenwaju Raphael of Oke Ero Constituency, Hon. Yusuf Atoyebi Musa from Odo Ogun, Barrister AGF Salaudeen, Omupo Constituency, Ojo Olayiwola, Oke-Ogun Constituency, Hon. Abolarin Ganiyu Gabriel from Ekiti constituency, Hon. Yusuf AbdulWaheed Gbenga, Eesa/Shawo/Igboidun Constituency as well as Hon. Taiwo Awodiji seeking to represent Irepodun Constituency, Hon. Saheed Popoola, currently representing Ojomu/ Balogun, Constituency in Offa, Hon owolabi Olatunde Rasaq Share/ oke -Ode constituency Ifelodun and Hon Awolola Olumide from Isin Constituency.
The group also appealed to President Muhammadu Buhari and the party’s national leader, Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu to ensure that the wish of those genuinely struggling for the freedom of Kwara become successful by retaining the deputy governorship candidature of Kayode Alabi.
According to them, “While the party’s gubernatorial candidate, Abdulrahman AbdulRazaq is a Muslim of Ilorin descent in Kwara Central Senatorial District, Kayode Alabi, his running mate in the list submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) is a Christian from Ifelodun Local Government Area of the state.Ifelodun local government constitute the largest voting bloc in Kwara South.
“Kayode Alabi as an entrepreneur who has always been at the forefront of the fight for the liberation of Kwara from those who had turned the state into a family business and an astute grassroot politician of repute who commands massive support from his people.
“If APC in Kwara makes the mistake of replacing Alabi’s name with another as being alleged, it will be tantamount to digging its own grave ahead of the 2019 General Elections.”
The party stalwarts therefore pledged their unrelenting determination to ensure the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state emerge victorious.
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List
- TESCOM: 7, 241 Oyo Teachers, Non-Teaching Staff Write 2022 Promotion Exams
- FG promotes 30 directorate cadre, others in Police Affairs Ministry
- 2024 budget: Army mulls unmanned aerial vehicle command
- Alleged Abduction: EFCC, DSS Risk Contempt Proceedings In Court Over Emefiele
- Senate frowns as NCoS feeds dogs better than inmates
- NAPTIP laments tracking machine as woman sells 120 children