The Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) on Friday sealed six filling stations in Ilorin metropolis and Ajase- Ipo in Irepodun local government area of Kwara state for hoarding fuel and other sundry offences.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the sealed stations are Golden Mother Filling Station, Agbabiaka, Ilorin, Korrect Petroleum, Agbabiaka, Ilorin, Haflum Filling Station, Baboko, Ilorin, Lakeside Filling Station, Lagos Road, Ilorin, NNPC Retail Station, Okoolowo, Ilorin and Alhaji M. Oyetunji Filling Station, Ajase-Ipo.
The DPR’s Head of Operations on the state, Engineer Oyedele Ibitayo said the stations were found culpable for various infractions ranging from diversion of fuel, overpricing, under dispensing to hoarding of petroleum products.
Ibitayo, though admitted that fuel supply to the state had been low in the past two weeks,insisted that whatever comes in must be properly dispensed by the marketers.
He explained that the state which received 39 trucks of petroleum products daily now receives between 12 and 19 trucks daily.
He maintained that the erringg stations would be made to pay penalties and sign undertaking.
Ibitayo said his office would continue to monitor the situation and deal with erring filling stations in the state.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES
- Kwara Police Spokesman, Ajayi Okasanmi loses father at 84, Gov. Abdulrazaq mourns
- Emefiele quits 2023 presidential race— Source
- 2023: We can’t afford to make mistakes, Saraki tasks Delta delegates