The end is yet to be heard about the killers of Dr. Abdulkareem Tunde Abdulrahman a member of the Kwara State chapter of the Nigeria Medical Association (NMA), who had been earlier declared missing but was later pronounced dead.
Dr. AbdulKareem was allegedly clubbed to death in his father’s residence in Ilorin and the news went viral.
Although,investigations reveal that he was killed around 1am on July 24, the exact day he was declared missing but was found at the residence of the deceased’s father, Barrister Abdulrahman Alarape Adeyi at Plot 3, Professor Awe Close, Off Abdulkareem Adisa Street, GRA, Ilorin, is now at large.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the deceased wedding programme was expected to start on August 13 this year.
According to police reports, The Prime suspect in the murder, Jamiu Mohammed, who is a son of the private security guard perpetrated the heinous crime in connivance with two others, who are undergoing interrogation in the detention facility of security operatives.
The suspect, an ex-convict alongside two other accomplices stormed the room of the deceased in the dead of the night and used harmful objects to hack him to death in his father’s residence and the lifeless body of the medical doctor was said to have been smuggled in his Toyota Corolla car and driven out that night to an unknown destination.
However, in an exclusive interview with a human right activist who pleaded anonymity because of the sensitivity nature of the matter, he declared that, “I was aware that Security Agencies especially the DSS and the police have mapped out strategies to apprehend the suspected killer but all the efforts are still pending due to the nature of our society.
“But to my understanding, I don’t think the family of the deceased is doing anything towards reawakening the matter before the security agencies in order to further ensure that they intensify efforts to get the killers arrested.”
He added that such character needed to be urgently brought to book so as to serve as a deterrent to others who have no mercies on human’s souls.”
The source therefore appealed to the security agents to set up a man-hunt squad that will arrest the killers and ensure that justice prevails.
- Flooding: Wurukum Traders appeal to Gov over N2bn properties loss
- Kwara Police gets first female spokesperson, DSP Ejire-Adeyemi Adetoun
- Nigeria committed to end terrorism, maintenance of peace –Gaidam
- Kwara Govt. Kicks Against Street Begging
- (PHOTOS) Medical Laboratory Council Inducts KWASU’s 46 Newly Qualified Graduates
- 12 feared dead in ghastly auto crash in Kwara
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s media aide, Rafiu Ajakaye warns against sensational reporting
- COAS visits Benue, pledges more military interventions in crises ridden areas
- Engr. Yunusa Yahaya’s death, a monumental loss to humanity— Emir of Okuta
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death