Any student of The Polytechnic, Ibadan, found with indecent dressing faces expulsion from the institution, according to Rector of the school, Prof Olatunde Fawole.
He gave the warning, on Tuesday, at the matriculation for 2,400 part-time students of the institution, which was held at the Assembly Hall on the North Campus of the institution.
Olatunde stated that the institution possesses a unique positive image, which it cherishes dearly and that continues to rub on its products, adding that the image has not come by chance but was earned through dint of hard work, dedication to duty and a strong sense of discipline among staff and students.
According to him, “It is instructive to let you know that any student, who flouts this dress code shall be warned at first instance, which subsequent defiance could result in suspension for one or two semesters or outright expulsion, as the case may be.
“A task force has been inaugurated to conduct periodic search into lecture theatres, hostels, entrance gates and so on tk fish out any students.”
Olatunde said institution would not compromise it’s hard – earned impressive image for any damaging misconduct from any student, saying: “In this institution, diploma certificates are earned through rigorous academic exercise and sound moral attitude.
“The management has set a standard dress code which is documented and is available in the Information Handbook for Students. Female students are not allowed to wear skimpy dresses that will expose their thighs or blouses that will expose their breasts or other sensitive parts of their bodies.
“As the institution frowns at negative mode of dressing on ladies, it also disallows the male students from putting on suggestive dresses or wearing of earrings and weaving of hair.”
Olatunde, however, urged the students to ensure that their morality must not be questionable as the institution would not award it’s diploma certificate to any student that lacks moral. He added that the institution believes that education without good morals is null and void.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment