The Directorate of State Service (DSS) in Edo has denies invading the residence or arresting anyone associated with Chief Taiwo Akerele, former Chief of Staff (CoS) to Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo.
Mr Sheikh Waziri, DSS Director in Edo, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Benin on Monday, that no operative of the service invaded the residence of Akerele on Sunday.
There were reports in Benin that the operatives had arrested one Jaspa Olowojoba, Personal Assistant to Akerele, when the operative could not find him.
“I have verified and confirmed that the DSS Edo has not invaded the residence nor arrested anyone associated with the former CoS,” Waziri said.
The former CoS on Saturday resigned his appointment, while Obaseki had replaced him with Mr Osaze Ozamure.
- Kwara govt set to sanction owned-tertiary institutions over unlawful recruitments
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection