Malam Habib Umar-Amin, Spokesperson for the university, said in a statement that the fund would be used for ‘Transdisciplinary Research for Pathways to Sustainability Collaborative Research Action”.
“NRF is an agency of the South African Government created to contribute to national development by supporting, promoting and advancing research and human capacity development through funding.
“And also through the provision of necessary research infrastructure, to facilitate the creation of knowledge, innovation and development in all fields of science and technology.
This includes humanities, social sciences and indigenous knowledge.
In his reaction to the grant, FUDMA Vice Chancellor, Prof. Armaya’u Hamisu-Bichi, congratulated the university community for the feat.
Hamisu-Bichi assured the institution of his determination to continue Strengthening it for more grants, to boost staff and students’ capacity for such researchers.
He commended the university’s Directorate for Research and Development for the efforts in securing the grant and putting the name of the university in a global perspective to achieve its vision and mission.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal