Christians and Muslims Leaders in Nigeria have been charged to embark on empowerment and entreprenureship schemes for their followers as a way of complementing Government efforts at reduce unemployment, poverty and hunger in the country.
The pastor in charge of Emmanuel Baptist Church, Sabo-Oke, llorin, Revd Dr James Olawuyi gave the charge in llorin on Fridaywhile addressing a press conference.
The press conference was called to mark the commencement of activities commemorating 50th year Anniversary of the establishment of the Church in llorin.
Revd Olawuyi noted that if leaders of the two major religions in Nigeria embark on empowerment and entreprenureship schemes for their followers, unemployment and poverty will be minimised among Nigerians.
He noted that several churches and Muslim organizations are financially buoyant to cater for the needs of their followers as a way of complementing Government’s effort at eradicating poverty and hunger.
“Our Churches and Mosques should not be preaching alone, they should fashion out ways of assisting adherents of the two religions economically”, the Cleric said.
Olawuyi noted that no Government, no matter how benevolent, can single handedly solve the economic and social problem confronting the people.
The Pastor of the He also urged religion leaders to always preach unity and harmony so that the nation can overcome security challenges confronting it.
The Cleric said religion leaders should always present true position of their followers to those in position of authority in their preachings, instead of deceiving them for their own selfish interest.
Olawuyi disclosed that Emmanuel Baptist Church had touched the lives of several residents of Kwara positively through the establishment of three schools for both Christians and Muslim communities.
He added that apart from the annual scholarship award of the church in the last 50 years, the Church has empowered over 300 people in various skills.
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63