By Nanchang Paul, Jos
The Evangelical Church Winning All (ECWA) on Friday appealed to the Federal Government and the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), and other striking unions to put the interest of the country first and resolve the industrial crises in the country’s public universities as soon as possible.
ECWA in a communique issued in Jos at the end of the 69th general church council GCC meeting at the international conference hall further noted that their call became imperative to forestall idle students from being recruited by terrorists, kidnappers, bandits and other criminal elements in the society.
The Council noted the key role education plays in positively shapping the life of individuals and Nation and observed that Nigerian Nation has for many years bogged with myraids of problems, including, the constant strike action embarked upon by many labour unions such as ASUU.
The communique which was read by Rev. (Dr.) Stephen Baba Panya ECWA President frowned at the level of insecurity in the country.
He condemned in strong terms the recent attack on Abuja- Kaduna bound train, killings and abduction of unascertaintined number of passengers by terrorists, the invasion of Kaduna international airport as well as constant killings of citizens in Kebbi, Zamfara, Plateau, Niger state and other States across the country too numerous mention.
The Council also decried the failure of the Government to carry out it’s constitutional responsibility of securing the lives and properties of citizens despite the huge amount being spent on security while urging government at all level to do all its can to secure the release of all abducted victims and bring to a halt the activities of the terrorists group in Nigeria.
ECWA further noted with great concern the bitting hunger among Nigerians due to shortage of food supply as a result of insecurity that have paralyzed the activities of rural farmers adding that Federal Government should as a matter of urgency decisively to avert the looming hunger in the land.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- PHOTO NEWS: Faces at NDC security seminar held in Abuja
- EFCC traces N130m illegal trasnfer into ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh’s account
- FCTA laments influx of beggars from states
- NERC releases update on alleged Tariff increment
- Saraki woos Osun PDP delegates, canvasses support for Adeleke
- PHOTO NEWS: Tinubu visits Kwara, salutes Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Tinubu assures of victory against any PDP candidate
- KWACCIMA pleads with FG to reopen Kwara, Niger borders
- Minister promises NDC more supports for effective performance
- 2023: Why I want to contest for Ilorin West/ Asa Reps— Ajia