Former Governor of Edo State, Mr. Adams Oshiomhole, has been elected as a leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC) by the party caucus in the state.
The decision to elect Oshiomhole, it was gathered, was reached at the inaugural caucus meeting of the party since the coming of Governor Godwin Obaseki at Government House on Monday evening.
Oshiomhole, who addressed the leaders after the unanimous endorsement, expressed appreciation for the endorsement, declaring that the performance of Governor Obaseki so far in the state is an indication that the leadership of the party did not make any mistake in backing him.
“Obaseki has proven to be a good choice because with the steps which he has taken so far to continue to deepen the developmental strides which the APC represents in this state, means he is on course and we are all very happy for it. I want to thank all of you for your support both when I was in office and out of office. It is my strong belief that Edo State will be greater and better under Obaseki and I urge all of us to continue to give him the desired support to succeed,” he said.
Also speaking at the occasion, the state chairman of the party, Anslem Ojezua, disclosed the ongoing processes for the nomination of commissioners into the State Executive Council (SEC), explaining that guidelines had been given to party leaders across the 18 local government areas and that the response so far has been very encouraging.
According to him, “The guidelines were clear enough, most of the choices will be home grown. We will have minutes of meetings where the decisions were taken and all the processes that led to their nomination. It must be ascertained that there was a consensus. The governor also has the prerogative to make appointments depending on what he wants. And I want to say that the responses of our party members have been very encouraging and where there are issues, we will be there to solve the problem.”
- Naira redesign: Emefiele urges NASS, Nigerians to show understanding
- Fuel scarcity may affect election logistics — INEC
- SAD…. PDP campaign rally turns mourning in Sokoto as Tambuwal’s aide, Aisha Maina dies
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari
- UPDATED: Jigawa Govt annouces funeral as Emir of Dutse dies at 78
- Buhari inaugurates 5,700-hectare Irrigation Scheme, pledges more relief for flood victims
- 2023 polls will be the best, Senate President assures EU observers, Kenya’s Raila Odinga
- Ondo PoS operators increase charges over scarce new Naira notes
- Nigeria’s public debt stock increases to N44.06trn in Q3 2022 – NBS
- CBN directs banks to pay customers with ₦100, ₦50, ₦20, over-the-counter