The former National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole, has accused Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, of committing a taboo by standing before Oba Ewuare of Benin wearing a cap.
Oshiomhole made this allegation while speaking on Arise TV today.
The former Edo Governor condemned Obaseki’s action as disrespect not only for the esteemed Benin palace, but also Edo tradition.
“You call yourself a Bini man, yet you came to Bini palace wearing a cap in company of other PDP governors,” Oshiomhole said.
Obaseki visited the Benin monarch last week along with some visiting Governors elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
The visit was, however, marred by violence, as PDP supporters clashed with APC supporters at the gate, as the Governor and his convoy left the Oba’s palace, resulting in gunshots.
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes