The government of Edo State says it will sustain reforms and programmes that guarantee business growth in the state.
It also promised to ensure that businesses had access to funding and an enabling environment to succeed and contribute to the state’s economy.
The Commissioner for Industry, Trade and Cooperatives, Mrs Afishetu Braimoh, said this at the opening of the second phase of a financial literacy workshop for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs), on Tuesday in Benin.
She said that the workshop, aimed at enabling MSMEs to have access to funding to grow their businesses, was organised in collaboration with GIZ/SEDIN-GOPA.
The commissioner said that the gesture was to ensure that an enabling environment was created, while businesses had access to funding to succeed and, in turn, contribute to the state’s economy.
According to her, the state government is linking the first batch of more than 200 successful participants to credit sources.
Braimoh said: “During the first phase of the workshop, the Manager of Benin Office of Bank of Industry (BOI) sensitised participants on how to benefit from EDSG-BOI MSMEs funds worth over N2 billion.”
One of the facilitators at the workshop, Mr Iyoha John, commended the state government for creating a platform for MSMEs to acquire skills in order to improve their businesses.
He said that the programme also equipped participants with requisite knowledge to increase sales and expand customer-base.
A participant, Miss Doris Izienosa, commended the programme, saying that it was an inspiring moment for her as a small-scale business owner in Edo.
“The programme has opened my eyes to some shortcomings in my business. It is a platform to learn how entrepreneurs can take their businesses to the next level,” Izienosa, a palm oil producer based in Benin, said.
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated
- How pastors treWe both wept when Sammie Okposo told me how pastors treated him – Apostle Suleman
- My presidential ambition is for Nigeria’s future– Peter Obi
- PDP reschedules campaign flag off in Nasarawa over police permit
- UniAbuja ASUU protest unpaid salaries
- Unilorin V-C extols Prof. Gambari’s virtues @ 78