By Olakunle Adeniyi
Kwara State Governor, Dr Abdulfatah Ahmed has called on critical stakeholders in the education sector to invest more on education infrastructure. Governor Ahmed who admitted that intervention in education sector is an all stakeholders input requirement also called for stronger support from community associations, old students and other stakeholders in revamping the nation’s education sector.
Dr Ahmed made these calls while receiving members of Government Secondary School Omu-Aran Old Boys Association led by its President, Mr. Olusegun Adeniyi at the Government House, Ilorin.
According to governor Ahmed, the state government is to intervene in a number of secondary schools across the state to make learning environment more conducive.
The schools include Government Secondary School, Ilorin, Queen Elizabeth School, Ilorin, Government Secondary School, Omu-Aran and Offa Grammar School, Offa.
Already, the governor said, the state government had earmarked fund under the Infrastructure Development Fund to meet the need of secondary schools in the state.
The Governor assured stakeholders in the sector that with improved in the internally generated revenue of the state, more critical development projects would be executed by his government.
The Governor also encouraged stakeholders to stimulate the intervention by making impactful contributions to their Alma mata.
Speaking earlier, the President, Government Secondary School Omu-Aran Old Boys Association, Mr. Olusegun Adeniyi enumerated various activities of the Association in turning things around in the School.
Mr. Adeniyi said that the body had so far spent over N200m on various development projects in the school.
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List
- TESCOM: 7, 241 Oyo Teachers, Non-Teaching Staff Write 2022 Promotion Exams
- FG promotes 30 directorate cadre, others in Police Affairs Ministry
- 2024 budget: Army mulls unmanned aerial vehicle command
- Alleged Abduction: EFCC, DSS Risk Contempt Proceedings In Court Over Emefiele
- Senate frowns as NCoS feeds dogs better than inmates
- NAPTIP laments tracking machine as woman sells 120 children