The Ilorin Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission ( EFCC) on Friday 15th November 2019 arraigned four suspects on Offences that bothers on internet fraud and other fraud related Offences.
The Suspects were arraigned on four different charges before Justice Mahmood Abdulgafar of a Kwara State High Court sitting in Ilorin, the State Capital.
Three of the defendants pleaded guilty while one claimed innocence to the criminal charges brought against them by the anti graft body.
The Defendants in the matter are, Chilaka Dickson, Abdulahi Abubakar, Olayiwola Azeez, and Enoch Oluyode.
The Charge against one the suspects reads, ” That you, Abdulahi Abubakar ( Alias Bar David John) sometime between July and and October, 2017 , at Ilorin within the Judicial division of the Kwara State High Court, while Acting as one Barrister David John; a Legal Practitioner and notary public in Kwara State with Yahoo mail account barrister.davidjohn@@Yahoo.com did cheat one Anthony Galind with email email@example.com by fraudulently inducing him in delivering to you the sum of $200.00 (Two hundred dollars) under the guise of procuring a marriage certificate between him and an alleged Melissa Cromwell, a representation you knew to be false and thereby committed an offence contrary to section 95 of the penal code and punishable under section 322 of the same penal code”
Among all the defendants, only Enoch Oluyode pleaded not guilty while Chilaka Dickson, Abdulahi Abubakar and Olayiwola Azeez confessed to the crime and entered plea bargain agreements with the prosecution.
Items like phones, laptops, money and a bag full of charms were tendered and admitted as Exhibits.
Prosecuting Counsel, Andrew Akoja told Justice Abdulgafar to convict the ones that pleaded guilty according to the plea bargain agreements and give a date to open the case against Oluyode.
Justice Abdulgafar adjourned the matter till next Tuesday for further hearing.
- Kwara govt set to sanction owned-tertiary institutions over unlawful recruitments
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection