Men of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Lagos Zone have arrested one Ihebuzo Chris for alleged cyber stalking.
Chris, a suspected hacker, was arrested recently in Benin City, Edo State, following a petition received by the Commission from the bank he allegedly hacked.
According to reports, Chris had, in an online video, claimed to be in possession of some personal information and Biometric Verification Numbers of over 1000 customers of the bank, which he claimed to have obtained after hacking into its data base from his personal laptop computer.
Items recovered from the suspect, at the point of arrest, include the laptop computer, which he used to upload the said viral video, a printout of over 2000 bank details, including the BVN of customers of the bank, 12 blank ATM cards suspected to be for perpetration of his alleged criminal activity.
He would be charged to court as soon as investigations are concluded.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal