As part of its renewed onslaught against corruption and illegal movement of cash through the nation’s airports, operatives of the Ilorin Zonal Command of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC have arrested three internet fraud suspects at the Ilorin International Airport.
They are Olawale Ipadeola, Opeyemi Badmus and Wasiu Babatunde, ROYAL NEWS reports.
The suspects were arrested on Monday morning, August 8, 2022 except for Wasiu who was arrested on Saturday, August 6, 2022 following actionable intelligence.
Two of the suspects (Olawale and Opeyemi), who flew in from Lagos landed at the Ilorin airport around 1156hours on the waiting hands of the eagle-eyed operatives of the EFCC at the airport.
Preliminary investigations about their activities have shown that the suspects possessed several fraudulent documents on the devices.
Upon interrogation, the suspects confessed to the crime and admitted ownership of different brands of phones and laptops recovered from them at the point of arrest.
The suspects will be charged to court upon the conclusion of the ongoing investigations.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo