About eight suspected internet fraudsters were at the weekend arrested by the operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibadan zonal office.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the suspects are; Moru Ibrahim, Umoru Abdulahi Gregory, Famous Ose Itahma, Umoru Shaibu Pedro, Durrele Oyeniyi, Umoru Evidence and Judge Okoye.
The suspects’ ages range between 17 and 30 years, were apprehended at different locations across the ancient city.
Their arrest was sequel to series of intelligence received by the commission concerning their alleged involvement in internet-related crimes.
Items recovered from them include six exotic cars, various brands of phones, laptops, international passports and several documents suspected to contain false pretenses.
The indicted among them will be charged to court as soon as investigations are concluded.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner