EFCC Partners UISAPC in Fighting Corruption on Campuses
The Ilorin Zonal Commander of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC Michael Nzekwe, on Thursday, March 16, 2023 expressed the resolve of the Command to work with student bodies and relevant stakeholders in fighting corruption in schools and campuses in the State.
Nzekwe, an Assistant Commander of the EFCC disclosed this while playing host to a delegation of Unilorin Independent Students’ Anti-Corrupt Practices Commission, UISAPC, who came on a courtesy visit to the Command at its new site No 10, Oko Close, Station Road, GRA, Ilorin.
The Zonal Commander, who expressed delight over the visit said it was first of such to be hosted by the Command since it moved to its new office on Monday, March 13, 2023.
According to him, “the role of the youths is fundamental to winning the fight against corruption as the future of the country rests in their hands”.
Nzekwe described the visit as “unique and timely” adding that, “it is an engagement which falls under Objective 4 of the EFCC Strategic Plan 2021 -2025, that requires the Commission to collaborate with stakeholders in the fight against corruption”. He urged the students, as leaders of tomorrow to be good ambassadors of their home and their country by striving to be above board in character and conduct at all times.
He assured the delegation that the Command would render all assistance permissible by law for them to realise their set goals noting that, “the task of fighting corruption is one that requires collaborative efforts.”
Earlier, Chairman, Unilorin Independent Anti-Corrupt Practices Commission, UISAPC, Bagbansora Fahd Taiwo, while commending the EFCC and the good works of the Command expressed the readiness of his members to lend support to the Command in mobilizing students against cybercrime and other forms of corruption in tertiary institutions in the State.
“The UISAPC is duly registered with the Authorities of the University of Ilorin and we have our members cut across all faculties in the school. Therefore, I promise you of our solid support and cooperation in your efforts to fight corruption and other related vices”, Taiwo assured.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- ICPC arraigns ex-JAMB’s Ojerinde, 4 children over alleged fraud
- World Athletics bans transgender women from women’s competition
- I will run Peter Obi’s model of governance in Abia State – Alex Otti
- No clandestine meeting between Oriwoola, Tinubu– Onanuga
- I won election before without Peter Obi – Alex Otti
- IESA welcomes Alfanla’s emergence as UNILORIN’s Registrar-designate
- My suspension by Ayu last kick of a dead horse — Fayose
- 10th NASS: Experience, competence should be criteria for leadership positions —-Bamidele
- Nigeria Air to Take-off Before End of Buhari’s Administration—-Sirika
- NSIB Sets To Release Report Soon–– DG