The Ilorin Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has uncovered how millions of naira meant for the payment of Teachers Salaries was allegedly diverted by the Chairman of Kwara State Nigerian Union of Teachers, Salihu Idris Toyin and the Permanent Secretary, the State Universal Basic Education Board, Bayo Audu Onimago among others.
The sum of N31,000,000 which was supposed to be used for the payment of over four hundred Teachers working with the Kwara State Universal Basic Education Board was allegedly shared by the suspects.
This was contained in a statement issued on Friday by the Head of Media and Publicity, Mr. Dele Oyewale.
Other beneficiaries in the said money include, Director of Finance, SUBEB, Ahmed Husain. the State Cordinator of the Nigerian Union of Teachers, Tijani Idris, The Controller of Finance of the State Universal Basic Education Board, Omole John.
While giving analysis of how the controversial funds were shared, the State Chairman of NUT, Salihu Idris Toyin told the operatives of the EFCC that ” The sum of 12 million naira was paid into an account operated by me and others, the money was actually not supposed to come , when the cash hit the account, I withdrew it and gave it to SUBEB Officials, they gave us three million naira for free and we shared it among ourselves ”
“We also received another nineteen million naira, I withdrew four million naira from it, I used one point five million naira for clearing and inter locking of our quarters, the remaining two point five million naira is still with me”
The operatives then asked the Embattled NUT Chairman, ” The Clearing and inter locking you did, do you have receipts for this transaction ” He answered “NO”
Ir would recalled that the Commission had last week announced the discovery of about one thousand Ghost Workers allegedly smuggled into the Payroll of the Kwara State Universal Basic Education Board.
All the suspects are expected to be arraigned immediately after the conclusion of the ongoing investigation.
- Abducted Ondo monarch regains freedom
- Petrol price disparity: Marketers issue seven-day ultimatum
- KWASSIP starts public workfare programme to alleviate poverty
- Again, naira loses to dollar, exchanges at 445.83
- Sanwo-Olu impregnated my mother in 1994 — Delta man claims he’s gov’s son
- Gov Ortom invites Buhari to commission Benue project
- 2023: Why Nigerians should elect Tinubu — Lagos BRT boss
- ICPC arrest: D’banj reacts to alleged Npower fraud
- UK govt finally declared candidate to support in 2023 polls
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people