The Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Lt.-Gen. Faruk Yahaya has urged troops of the Nigerian Army to remain apolitical and professional in the discharge of their constitutional responsibilities during electioneering period.
Yahaya gave the charge in his goodwill message to troops on the occasion of Eid-El-Fitri celebration released by the Director, Army Public Relations, Brig.-Gen. Onyema Nwachukwu on Friday in Abuja.
The COAS advised officers and soldiers to defend the nation’s democracy, avoid being lured into politics and commended them for their sacrifices and commitment in the ongoing operations nationwide.
He urged them to leverage on the holy season of Ramadan to reflect on the significance of loyalty, obedience and sacrifice.
Yahaya said the season provided a unique opportunity to re-examine and re-adjust efforts toward fulfilling their constitutional roles and justify the confidence reposed in them by Nigerians.
He charged field commanders to redouble efforts in ongoing operations and achieve results.
According to him, the best Sallah gift he expects from them is to eliminate as many bandits, kidnappers and terrorists as possible, and recover as much weapons and ammunition from criminal elements.
The COAS paid special tributes to officers and soldiers who paid the supreme price in the defence of their fatherland and reiterated his commitment to training and welfare of personnel and their families.
This, according to him, informed his resolve to improve on medical facilities and services.
He said the treatment of personnel and their families, particularly those wounded in action would continue to get support and special vocational training to help them cope with their new health status and overcome associated psychological trauma.
The COAS expressed gratitude to President Muhammadu Buhari and all Nigerians for their unflinching support to the Nigerian army in the execution of its constitutional mandate.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES
- Kwara Police Spokesman, Ajayi Okasanmi loses father at 84, Gov. Abdulrazaq mourns
- Emefiele quits 2023 presidential race— Source
- 2023: We can’t afford to make mistakes, Saraki tasks Delta delegates