The Chief lmam lmale of llorin Alhaji Abdullahi AbdulHamned had cautioned Muslim faithfuls against taking loans or borrowing to buy rams fo be slaughtered for the forthcoming Eid el kabir festival.
AbdulHameed gave the advice in llorin on Friday during an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on the significance of Eid el kabir.
The Chief lmam who described the animal sacrifice in the celebration said whoever takes loan either from banks or Cooperatives to slaughter rams will not be rewarded by Allah.
“Muslims must not borrow money or take loan to perform spiritual duties as there will be no reward for that action “, he said.
The Chief lmam advised Muslims to find legitimate means of slaugthering rams for the festival instead of borrowing or taking loans.
“when one borrows or take a loan one does not have complete ownership of the money and such money cannot be used for animal sacrifice for the Festival “, he added.
AbdulHameed advised Muslims to reduce the number of animals to be slaughtered to guide against borrowing and taking loans for the celebration.
- SAD….34-year-old Sodiq Adebisi dies during football training
- 150 Days in Office: CDS, Gen. CG Musa: A Pragmatic silent achiever
- Ibadan-based herbalist, Ojuwoni Atakoro, one other remanded in Ilorin prison
- Proper use of national budget, critical to economic dev —Akpabio
- EFCC, DSS, NCoS bosses To Face Reps C’ttee Over Failed Attempt To Rearrest Emefiele
- Senator Hussaini sympathises with Kaduna people over misdirected bombing
- Senator Natasha seeks NCDMB, NAFDAC partnership on alternative medicine
- Senate gives NPA 48hrs ultimatum to produce unaccounted $1.8bn
- KWASACA seeks stakeholders’ support to end HIV/AIDS by 2030
- Kwara govt collaborates with NDLEA to fight drug abuse