A Chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, Alhaji Abubakar Kawu Baraje has charged leaders and wealthy individuals to allow the lessons and teachings of the holy month continue to reflect in them towards eradicating poverty, ROYAL NEWS reports.
In a statement issued from his media office in Ilorin to felicitate with Muslims on the occasion of the festival, Baraje described Ramadan as a period of spiritual rebirth where fear of Allah was paramount to the rulers and followers, poor and the rich.
He however stated that if all Muslims irrespective of their status can sustain the lessons and deeds of the holy month, some of the multi-challenges confronting the country would be tackled headlong.
The APC Chieftain called for religious tolerance, respect for constituted authority and unity of purpose among Nigerians, pointing out that the country would soon overcome its problems.
Alhaji Baraje who is the founder and financier of Baraje Centre for Arabic Studies , Gerewu was optimistic that if leaders and followers can play their respective roles in line with Islamic injunctions, peace and harmonious co existence would reign in the country between different religious faith.
He therefore congratulated Muslim ummah for seeing the end of Ramadan and charged them not to return to bad behaviours or deeds they abandoned during the holy month.
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra