Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state has hinted that he might dump the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for another party during the 2018 governorship poll in the state.
Fayose disclosed this on Wednesday, November 30, when he met with the members of the Suppliers’ Association of Nigeria, Ikere chapter.
Speaking on the backdrop of the recent election in Ondo state which PDP lost, the governor said he is unsure of the political platform he will use for the 2018 election.
He said he will make his decision known at the appropriate time. “We are still studying the situation. We have to play the game left, right and centre and whoever we are going to use and the platform, you will all be part of the process because party politics is about the people,” he said.
According to Vanguard, Fayose also said the victory of Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the Ondo governorship poll does not in any way threaten the popularity and general acceptability of the PDP in Ekiti.
He faulted the victory of Akeredolu as a contrivance of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in cahoot with APC.
“You all saw how people sold their votes in Ondo state, I am confident that that will not happen in Ekiti. I am close to the people you are the source of my strength. Even if it requires just 48 hours to any election, if I tell you where to go, you will surely follow me there,” he said.
At a separate meeting with the junior staff of the state civil service, Fayose boasted that he will repeat the 16-0 he meted out to Ex-governor Kayode Fayemi in 2014, where he defeated the incumbent in all the sixteen local governments.
Fayose said: “APC will be fooling itself if it thinks it will conquer Ekiti like it did in Ondo .
Ekiti is a peculiar place and I am the man on ground here. I want to assure my supporters and Nigerians that APC won’t win a local government here in 2018, even if President Muhammadu Buhari moves down all the money in FG’s TSA.
“Governor Olusegun Mimiko and Eyitayo Jegede must have lost in Ondo State, but that does not mean the people had voted rightly.
In 2015, people clamoured for change and what have we got now? Nigerians are becoming poorer than ever. “Today, I am the only one among the APC governors in the southwest. I am now like the nation of Israel surrounded by enemies, but I shall defeat and triumph over them.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)