The Ekiti Signage and Advertisements Agency is to begin dismantling illegal billboards across the state on Thursday, April 15.
Mr Olasunkanmi Onipede, the Director-General of the agency, disclosed this during a news conference in Ado Ekiti.
”The agency has given affected owners of the billboards adequate notice and warnings, to either regularise the placement of their billboards or remove them.
”Any billboard erected without approval or placed inappropriately, without regards to required guidelines from the agency, would be removed,” he said.
The director-general also urged owners of billboards and signs operating legally but yet to regularise their permits, to do so without further delay, to avoid falling prey of government’s actions.
Onipede warned private practitioners, politicians and other stakeholders not to erect billboards in restricted areas such as the Governor’s Office vicinity.
He noted that other restricted areas included the Central Business District area adjourning the Chicken Republic to the Ojumose areas and under the Ado Ekiti overhead bridge.
ROYAL NEWS reports that on Jan. 7, the agency issued a warning to advertisers against the indiscriminate erection of billboards and advised them to ensure strict adherence to specifications and high ethical standards.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal