ROYAL NEWS reports that Afuye represented Ikere constituency 1 representative aged 66 died at the Ekiti State Teaching Hospital in Ado-Ekiti, the capital.
It was gathered that Afuye was rushed to the hospital in the early hours of Wednesday.
On Tuesday, the lawmaker attended the Thanksgiving Service for Governor Biodun Oyebanji, who just assumed office.
Meanwhile, the Ekiti Assembly has declares 7 days mourning over the Speaker’s death.
In a statement in Ado Ekiti, the chairman House Committee on media, Mrs Yemisi Ayokunle said the flag in the Assembly complex would be flown at half mast during the period.
Mrs Ayokunle, who described the late Speaker as an embodiment of courage, excellence and a highly committed man to public service, maintained that Mr Afuye will be greatly missed.
According to the statement, the Speaker died on Wednesday evening during a brief illness at the Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital, Ado Ekiti, at the age of 66.
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List