By Adekunle Ogbonnaiye , Ado-Ekiti
Ekiti State Police command on Friday has arrested a 21-year-old commercial driver, Tope Ojolo, who raped a student of the College of Education, in Ikere-Ekiti, Ekiti State.
The Police Public Relations Officer , PPRO, Mr. Alberto Adeyemi, SP, who confirmed the arrest of the suspect, said Ojolo turned himself
to the palace of the Ogoga of Ikere, Oba Adejimi Adu Alagbado, who subsequently hand him over to the police command.
The PPRO noted that “Yes, the suspect is with us; the matter is under investigation and by the time we round off our investigation, the
suspect will be charged to court.”
It will be recalled that the suspect committed the crime on September 17, by night time while conveying the victim who was said
to be coming back from a hospital where she had gone to receive treatment for malaria.
Information had it that Ojolo suddenly veered into the bush and forcefully had carnal knowledge of the student who was sick and the
only passenger inside the mini bus popularly called “akoto,” at the time of the incident.
The incident later turned to a violent demonstration in Ikere-Ekiti the following day as students of the college went on rampage and
attacked commercial drivers for violating the girl. When the situation got out of hand, the college authority had to close down the school after some property and vehicles had been attacked.
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum