The attention of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has been drawn to some reports in a section of the media, alleging that the Commission is detaining “a pregnant woman, nursing mother, others, over vote – buying”, consequent on some arrests made in the wake of the recent governorship election in Ekiti State.
The Commission wishes to state that there is no iota of truth in the reports. There is no pregnant woman among the suspects arrested on allegation of vote buying during the Ekiti governorship election. A pregnancy test conducted on all female suspects arrested during the Ekiti governorship poll at the Kwara State Hospital, Ilorin, returned negative.
Earlier tests conducted in a private hospital also came out negative for all the female suspects, according to a statement by EFCC Spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren.
Furthermore, it is important to stress that all the suspects, male and female, are being held, based on a valid Order of Court, pending the conclusion of investigations.
The suspects will be charged to court as soon as investigations are finalized.
The public is advised to ignore insinuations and wild claims about mistreatment of suspects as the Commission is committed to the observance of the rule of law in all its operations. .
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Aisha Wakil a.ka. ‘Mama Boko Haram, 2 others sentenced to 7yrs jailterm
- Cameroon seeks AIB-N support on aircraft accident investigation
- Professionalism, training motivation, support are catalyst for transformed education system– Stakeholders
- Emir Sulu-Gambari prays for Doyen of Geology, Prof. Oyawoye at 95
- Again, Buhari urges ASUU to call off strike
- Kwara Govt secondary school without classrooms
- NBA lauds Bala Mohammed for signing judiciary autonomy bill into law
- APC Chieftain lauds Faleke’s appointment as Secretary of APC Presidential Campaign
- Transform Raw Materials To Finished and Revenue Generating Product – FG
- Afritel trains journalists on good governance, accountability reporting