The National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, Prince Dayo Adeyeye, has resigned his appointment as the Pro-Chancellor and Chairman, Governing Council of the Ekiti State University, Ado Ekiti.
It was gathered that his resignation was because of his desire to contest the Ekiti State Governorship election.
Adeyeye, a former minister of state for works, had on Wednesday rejected the alleged unilateral adoption of the Deputy Governor of Ekiti State, Prof Olusola Eleka, by Governor Ayodele Fayose as the purported candidate of the PDP for the 2018 governorship election in the state.
It will be recalled that Adeyeye through a statement by his campaign organisation, Prince Adedayo Adeyeye Movement, had rejected the decision of members of the party.
The adoption of the deputy governor was said to have been carried out by some stakeholders of the party who were alleged to have been coerced by the governor at a meeting held in Ado-Ekiti on Wednesday.
When contacted for confirmation, Adeyeye who confirmed that he has resigned his position at the Ekiti State University, said that he had communicated his decision to the state governor “through the right channel.”
- NatureNews Targets 5bn Trees Plantation by 2030, Unveils ‘NaijaGreenProject’ Initiative
- NLC suspends nationwide protest
- Names of Tinubu’s aides following him to Qatar revealed (See List)
- Group petitions Tinubu, others over N20bn LGs fraud in Benue
- Banks to face N1trn recapitalization as Senate plans six years term for CBN Gov.
- BREAKING….Senate begins probe of Ajaokuta Steel Coy, NIOMCO over $496m payment
- (VIDEO) Vigilantes rescue abducted victims, kill one kidnapper, apprehend others in Kwara
- IOC’s Divestment: We Facilitate, Not Hinder Process — NNPCL
- Introduce Food Stamps prog to tackle hunger, Senate urges FG
- Senate confirms Bakari as NFIU director