The Governor of Kaduna State, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, has pledged the sum of N100 million for the reconstruction of burnt worship centers in some communities in the state to further sustain his peace-talk efforts
He also unveiled a billboard tagged “Public Apology Billboard”, with inscriptions regretting the unfortunate incident that led to the killings that took place at Godogodo in Southern Kaduna Area of the State.
The billboard which will also be placed in five affected Local Government Areas in Southern Kaduna is also aimed at sensitizing the communities on the need to end conflict.
Speaking at Zangon Kataf Local Government Area of the State on Sunday, Governor El-Rufai said that Kaduna State has suffered from violent crisis over the years, stressing that the best approach for reconciliation is to continue to engage state and non-state actors by bringing everyone together and to be able to say “we are sorry” to each other.
also, the Center For Humanitarian Dialogue (HD), a co-partner with Kaduna State Government on the Unveiling of the billboard, through its Senior Adviser and Lead Mediator, Mrs. Alice Nderitu, tasked the community and Nigeria at large to uphold the rich culture and tradition of the society and use it as a unifying factor for the sustenance of peace.
“Hoping that conflicts will end in the country is not enough. The elites should leave their comfort zones and go to the grassroots and contribute their quota towards peace building”, she added.
Nderitu however called on the Kaduna state government to also remove all burnt vehicles by the road side as it paints a gloomy picture of the state especially to children.
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes