Vanguard reports that El-Rufai said Shiites have denied recognising Muhammadu Buhari as the president of the country.
The governor says the state received the report of the Judicial Commission of Inquiry that looked into the clashes between the IMN and army which concluded that the IMN poses a threat to the peace, security and good governance of Kaduna state.
“The IMN does not recognize the constitution of Nigeria, they do not recognize Buhari as president of Nigeria, they do not recognize me as the Governor of Kaduna state.
Because they have their governor, yes, they had, I think he was killed during the clash,” he said.
According to him, the IMN apart from being an illegal religious organization was in the habit of harassing and intimidating members of the public with impunity for several years.
Explaining why he had to move against the movement El-Rufai said the IMN was operating illegally and was moving towards insurgency.
He added that IMN leader, Sheikh Ibraheem El Zakzaky was not practising the doctrine of Shiism but was gathering enough members in order to stage an Iranian-type Islamic revolution in Nigeria.
“Because they do not recognize any law in Nigeria, IMN is not registered with Corporate Affairs Commission.
So, they cannot be sued or held responsible for their actions. They build anywhere they find land, they do not even bother to apply for land titles,’’ he added.
- Emir of Ilorin condoles former AMCON chairman, Kola Belgore over wife’s death
- NiMet signs MoU with Sahel Consulting on agricultural improvement
- Buhari responsible for rot in Nigeria– Igboho
- NLC protest action may bring anarchy– TUC
- Former Kwara NUJ secretary, Timothy Nathaniel for burial Feb. 26-27
- Account for toll gate, parking lots fees since 2015, Court orders FAAN
- Adamawa hunters collaborate with Army to fight criminalities
- CSOs urge NASS to probe FG over $3.4billion COVID-19 loan, subsidy savings, others
- ARRANT NONSENSE: MURIC REPLIES MAN WHO SAID REMI TINUBU SHOULD BE KILLED
- JUST IN…. Former NBA national president, emerges as LP guber candidate in Edo